Puddledub Smoked Gammon Joint (rolled)
- Puddledub Pork
- Regular price
- Sale price
- £18.14 Sale
Boned and rolled smoked gammon joint for easy carving. Local, slow-grown and high welfare, the gammon has been mild cured for two weeks to slowly develop great flavour and texture. It is smoked using oak and beechwood chippings, and no artificial flavourings.
This gammon received a Great Taste Award 2023 for its outstanding flavour.
It is suitable for roasting, boiling or home freezing.
Cooking a gammon for the first time? See Puddledub’s tips on how to cook a gammon below:
Traditional Glazed Ham Recipe
Follow these simple steps to get a perfectly cooked succulent ham at home this Christmas.
- Soak the gammon overnight in cold water.
- Wash under cold running water.
- Return the ham to the saucepan with the bouquet garni and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for required cooking time (20minutes per 1lb/450g).
- Remove from the saucepan and cut away the outer skin leaving a thin layer of fat.
- Score the fat into diamonds and press in whole cloves.
- Cover with the mixture of brown sugar and mustard.
- Place in a deep roasting tray and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 200oC /400oF / Gas Mark 6 for 20 -30 minutes until the glaze is golden.